Monday, May 5, 2014

11th day of Park and Rec

Today wasn't as productive. I focused more on how to present my project and what pictures to take. It's really challenging because I need permission to take pictures of the students. As usual, I helped students with their homework and gave my daily lecture or advice in life about respect and good manners to the kids. I also talked to then about lessons I learned at school that are good to know in my near future, but it didn't really apply to the kids because they're still young. I really want to keep volunteering at the program. I like working with kids and giving them advice on life. Anyways, I faced another challenge today. Today I experienced some violence with one of the kids. I'm not going to say any names, but one of the kids hit me with the zipper of their jacket and I didn't know how to handle it. I was trying to get their attention and tell them that they shouldn't do things like that, but they were ignoring me due to all their anger. I tried talking to them calmly, but it still didn't work. That's definitely something I will continue to think about when working with kids.

Time logged for this session: 3hrs
Total time logged: 25hrs 30mins

No comments:

Post a Comment