First day of being with my mentor was actually pretty fun. My mentor's name is Brian Flowers and he's a really chill person. When I walked in the gym the kids were having a group discussion with the Rec leaders about having a Christmas party before Winter break. I was really excited. I'm planning on bringing food and buying presents for the kids. They were also talking about something called, "White Elephant" which is pretty much like a "Secret Santa" except the kids can take another kids gift if he/she wants that gift, which is the reason why I want to buy presents. After the discussion, we went to the playground and I met four little girls who, for some reason, were all excited to see me. Their names were Gia, Taryn, Jordan, Jasmine and they were all pinching my cheeks and holding my hand through everything they did. I played tag with them and I pretty much lost because they all ran faster than me. We also played this other game that helped me remember each of their names. They all stood in front of a tree, then I would close my eyes while they move around and hide behind the trees, then I would have to guess who's behind the tree by calling out their names, it was pretty fun. After playing at the playground we all went back to the gym to get our stuff because we were going to go to the computer lab. I helped Taryn and Gia solve this game called, "Escape the Car." Pretty soon it was time to go and we all said our goodbyes. The next time I go to Park and Rec I'm going to ask my mentor for permission to interview one of the kids.
Time logged for this session: 1hr 30min
Total time logged: 1hr 30min
No comments:
Post a Comment